One of Indian rock’s kvlt-est hallmarks is Gary Lawyer its obsession with dated sounds. From classic rock to grunge to nu-metal, there are way too many bands producing regurgitations in the name of reinvention. Luckily, we have the internet, which has singlehandedly given us the ability to point and laugh at stuff we know is terribly banal because we illegally downloaded all of it about a decade ago.
Enter Kixmet Blue Blood.
There’s a lot of kvlt here. Here’s a list
- The YouTube tags for this video include “best band”, “best song”, “award winning video”, “concept video” and “best ballad”.
- The video features the band, and a cocaine snorting model (who just got out of a cold shower, throughout the video) who her boyfriend deals with by drinking Pepsi.
- The girlfriend does not like the boyfriend much, a fact proved when we catch her sleeping with the overweight, balding building watchman with a water pistol.
- 1984 called, wants big hair and tight fitting vest back.
- OMG, the size of the dude’s watch at 1:50.
- Gary Lawyer would be proud.
Props to P-Man for the tip.