The Zero reunion tour hit Hard Rock Cafe, Mumbai on Tuesday, Dec 22 for the most packed club gig of 2009. We were there.
- After a surprise appearance at Mithibai college and a successful tour opener in Bangalore, the four boys from Dadar played their first proper gig at home since I-Rock ’08.
- And boy were they given a heroes welcome.
- 800 people (the official count for the evening) turned up at Hard Rock Cafe making this by far the most packed club gig we’ve checked out in 2009. The long lines outside the venue meant that a few fans couldn’t even make it in.
- Warren Mendonsa has taken Blackstratblues from being just a Warren Mendonsa showcase to a proper act. His extra-courteous crowd interaction is a fun bonus.
- Zero in Mumbai > Zero anywhere else. Check out some videos.
- So who bought all those panties and threw them on stage?
- A mini-moshpit broke out near the end of the gig. The Hard Rock Cafe staff were a little too physical with their displeasure. Not cool.
- This was, undoubtably, one of the best gigs of ’09.
Kunal Kakodkar took these brilliant pics. His love for Lebanese food is only surpassed by his photography skill. Or something.